Against the Tide is a family-friendly, multi-sport event to benefit the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC). MBCC is the only non-profit in the state dedicated to the prevention of breast cancer from environmental causes. The funds raised through Against the Tide help to support and expand our community education program Let’s Talk Prevention: Reducing Toxic Exposures and the MBCC Research Video Series. We are grateful to all of you who help prioritize breast cancer prevention. Above and beyond your commitment to participate in the Against the Tide event, we hope that you will also fundraise on behalf of MBCC and our important mission to change the legacy of breast cancer for future generations.
Participants may register as individuals or enter as a team, consisting of 3 or more. You can choose to participate in one or more of the following event components:
- 1 Mile Swim – Competitive
- 1 Mile Swim – Recreational
- 2 Mile Kayak – Recreational
- 3 Mile Walk
- 5K Run (USA Track & Field certified)
- 10K Run (USA Track & Field certified)
- Aquathon 5K – Competitive 1-mile swim followed by 5K run
- Aquathon 10K – Competitive 1-mile swim followed by 10K run
Online registration: Closes at noon on the Friday before each event. After that time, please join us at the walk-in registration table at the event on Saturday morning. The event will be held rain or shine.
- One event: Adults $40; Students $25*
- Two events: Adults $80; Students $50*
- Three events: Adults $120; Students $75*
Children under 10 years old may participate for free.
* Student ID must be shown on the day of the event to qualify for the student discount.
Important information for Kayak participants:
Kayaks will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis. The last day to reserve a kayak is Saturday, June 10, 2017 for the Hopkinton event and Saturday, August 12, 2017 for the Brewster event. Minimum age to ride in a single kayak is 13 years old and to ride in a tandem kayak is 5 years old when accompanied by an adult. Parental waiver forms must be signed for children under 18 years old to participate in the kayak event. Parental waiver forms will be available at the registration tent on the day of the event.
For Against the Tide registration help, please contact the First Giving Support Team at 877-365-2949 or email@example.com.