Swimmers shattered four world records during the New England LMSC SCM Championships, held at Worcester Polytechnic Institute December 11-13.
Hosted by Worcester Area Masters (WAM), 478 swimmers, some from as far away as Texas and Florida, participated in the meet. It was a highly competitive meet during which 208 New England LMSC SCM Championship meet records and 63 New England records were recorded.
The four world records were set by:
- Cecilia McCloskeyin the Women's 65-69 200 back with a time of 2:53.36
- NEM Women's 800 free 24-27 Relay team [C. Brynn, C. Hayes, K Slifer, T. Grilli] with a time of 10:58.88
- Leslie Livingston in the Women's 50-54 50 back with a time of 30.58
- Fritz Bedford in the Men's 50-54 50 back with a time of 27.28
Additionally, five national records were set, which include the above world records plus Kathy Silver's 6:14.34 in the women's 70-74 400 freestyle.
The top individual point scorers were:
- Brendan Wright (GSP) - 171 points
- Spencer Coffin (CMSC) - 170 points
- George Coupe (GSP) - 170 points
- Mindy Williams (GSP) - 175 points
- Sue Jensen (CSMC) - 170 points
- Lori Hindle (WCMS) - 164 points
Thanks to all of the volunteers who worked so hard to plan and run another spectacular meet!
For anyone who would like to review the meet results, you can find them at http://scmchamps.blogspot.com/.