The NE-LMSC has approved three $500 scholarships to help defray expenses for coaches to attend the 2016 USMS National Coaches Clinic (NCC) in San Mateo, California on November 11-13, 2016.
For more details on the Clinic please click here: http://www.usms.org/content/coachclinic
In return for financial assistance, each of the selected coaches must do the following:
- Write two articles for the NE-LMSC website/newsletter about a learning from the NCC -- e.g., a technique or series of drills -- in a manner that allows others to share and implement the knowledge;
- Run a swimmers clinic sharing material from the NCC. These clinics will be open to all LMSC members and provided at no cost to LMSC members (other than any applicable pool drop-in fees). Clinics can be run during a normal workout time.
- Support the other NCC attendees' clinics.
- Provide at least two photos or other visuals from the NCC to share on NE-LMSC social media or website.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must have achieved the USMS Level 2 coaching certification and must submit the following via email to NE Coaches Chair at NEcoaches@usms.org by 5 p.m. on August 19th:
- Their name and 2016 USMS membership number.
- A short essay describing why they want to attend the NCC.
- A description of how and where they will run a clinic following the NCC.
The Coaches Chair will also attend and adhere to the above requirements. In addition the Coaches Chair will help support implementation of the free swimmer clinics.
A three-person subcommittee of NE-LMSC board members, including the Coaches Chair, will review and select the scholarship recipients by 5 p.m. on August 26th.
Remember, the scholarship application deadline is 5 p.m. on August 19th.