Contributed by Alford Green, Meet Director
Entries are now open! Worcester Area Masters are pleased to again host the NE-LMSC & Colonies Zone SCM Championships at the WPI Sports and Recreation Center on December 9-11, 2016. Last year was our first time hosting the meet at this location, and with that came a few teething problems. We took note of which new additions were a hit, and worked on ways to improve the aspects that were not up to standard. I am pleased to report that these overhauled championships should be an even greater experience for New England swimming!
Exciting features of these championships include:
- A revamped order of events.
- Online and deck individual event check-in, which open at noon on the prior day and close at 9:30 am on the day of the event.
- On-site screen printing of meet t-shirts. You will be able to choose your t-shirt color and have the names of your team members printed on the back.
- Coaches’ hospitality room
- Free meet collector’s pin for each meet entrant
- Warmer competition course
- Free parking
- Photo area and a special Snapchat filter
- Complimentary photography
- An incentivized 4x100m I.M. relay at the end of the meet.
I urge you to visit the updated meet website www.scmchamps.blogspot.com to learn more about the meet, and to find directions and partner hotels. The final entry deadline is November 28, and late entries will not be accepted. Also, please note that spaces in the 800m Free are limited, so register early.
I look forward to seeing you all in December for what will be a truly great experience!
Alford Green, Meet Director